|Email Marketing Tips
The following tips should help you get the most from your email marketing campaign.
There are many reasons that online marketing campaigns fail;
- The campaign content is dull and does not stand out
- Poor subject
- Poor or incoherent information in the Creative (email) sent out
- Errors in the HTML coding
- Unattractive or bland creative (email)
- Poor or badly designed website
- Confusing information on web pages
- Too much information on web pages
- Badly design or confusing shopping cart
- Sad product pictures
- No physical business address on website
- No target specific landing pages
- Make your LINKS Blue (it is what people are used to)
- You do NOT have a strategy in place to handle the possibility that you may need more stock urgently.
- No obvious "Call To Action"
- The dumbest of all mistakes: Just Sending People to the Home Page - let us advise you about landing page strategy.
Calls To Action
Many campaigns send people to pages which do not have a Call To Action link. No BUY NOW. People come to the site and then go away simply because you did not ask them to buy your product.
It is preferrable that you use both a text link and a button when getting people to click your link.
For Example: Compare the following 2 links
Notice how your eyes can more easily read the big button?