|Email Creative Specifications
HTML Email creative specifications
- Subject line of 35 characters or less
- Excessive use of capitalisation not permitted in Subject line
- The email HTML should be no wider than 570 pixels. Although there is no set length, we recommend the HTML to be no longer than 800 pixels high to minimise scrolling.
- The HTML file and images combined should be less than 80KB
- Images to be in GIF or JPEG format
- CSS should be avoided, but if used must be referenced internally in the <BODY> not the <HEAD>. Styles should preferably be defined in-line especially for hyperlinks. This means that the CSS MUST be included IN the email and cannot be "included" from an external website.
- Images referenced using a style (CSS) will be ignored by many web-based email systems such as Hotmail.
- Background images must be explicitly referenced within the HTML (i.e. background=''http://www.website.com/background.gif'').
- All promotions to the suppliers data base(s) will be co-branded with the suppliers member banner.
- Creative should be spam filter friendly; e.g. avoid the use of large red fonts, the use of background images in table cells and terms such as 'Win Cash! etc. See list here.
Ideally if we can have the creative 4 - 5 days prior to the campaign delivery date. On building the creative into the suppliers member.